Friday, May 16, 2008

The Chivalric Defense of Trusts

There is a phrase Americans use a lot when faced with political opposition and disagreement: "I don't agree with you, but I will defend your right to say it."


(Whether this is true or simply a rhetorical device is less certain. For whatever reason war-supporters say this all too often with regards to the war in Iraq, which demonstrates the same amount of equivocation as was present in the connection between Iraq and al-Qaeda in 2003. As if the terrorists attacked the US in order to limit the speech of leftist American dissenters.)

Since my copy of Windows XP Pro has completely failed in the last few days without recourse to re-installation (during finals week no less!) should I have been thinking along similar lines: "I disagree with your products, but I will defend your right to sell them"?

1 comment:

Hans Ostrom said...

Sorry about your techno-Anti-trust troubles.