Thursday, September 04, 2008

RNC Dispatch #3

Labor Day 2008
1. Rage in Saint Paulice
2. Amy Goodman Arrested



I was not able to post this until to today. This is the news from Monday. Today is Thursday, the last day of the RNC.

Monday afternoon around 3:00 p.m. I was beaten by the Minneapolis riot police and detained for 48 hours in the Ramsey County jail. I was filming at the time of the incident, around 50 meters from a group of 60 or 70 people who were also being beaten and detained, among them were at least three videographer or photo-journalists.

They threatened to charge all of us with a felony riot charge. I attribute my release from jail to the level of support (the amount of calls to the jail and pressure from activists) for my media crew, Pepperspray Productions.


No comments: